Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hitler and Mel: Brothers in Arms

"In the course of my life I have very often been a prophet, and have usually been ridiculed for it. During the time of my struggle for power it was in the first instance only the Jewish race that received my prophecies with laughter when I said that I would one day take over the leadership of the State, and with it that of the whole nation, and that I would then among other things settle the Jewish problem. Their laughter was uproarious, but I think that for some time now they have been laughing on the other side of their face. Today I will once more be a prophet: if the international Jewish financiers in and outside Europe should succeed in plunging the nations once more into a world war, then the result will not be the Bolshevizing of the earth, and thus the victory of Jewry, but the annihilation of the Jewish race in Europe!"
Adolf Hitler - January 30, 1939


Does this speech sound a bit familiar? Hitler blamed the Jews for their loss in WW I. The "back-stabbed" theory was the bill of goods he sold his nation after their bitter loss in the cataclysmic First World War and they needed a scapegoat that could be isolated as not quite German. Gibson's contention with the deputy along PCH that Jews cause all wars certainly doesn't differ much from Hitler's infamous "Final Solution" speech. Jews had "caused" the First World War and naturally they have begun all wars, as Gibson and Hitler seem to have similarly contended. Sound reasoning is something Gibson lacks and likely will ever be his undoing. Try reading Mein Kampf and a history book about WW II to discover Hitler's inability to reason soundly. Mel's career should end for his neurotic drunken rant at an officer who clocked him at 87 mph in a 45 mph zone. He's lucky he didn't get a baton against his self-righteous skull if it's true he tried to flee. I wouldn't have been a recipient of such weighted treatment, particularly with revelations that Mel has had similar run-ins under similar circumstances of alcohol use and high speed along PCH near his home in Malibu.

Mel Gibson is a jackass and deserves to fade from view. I rather doubt his career is over, but I hope he takes a beating from which he never fully recovers in the public sphere. His reckless unfounded beliefs should be granted no quarter among decent human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home