Tuesday, August 01, 2006

About Paul Eells....

I was lucky enough to have met Paul Eells years ago when he was a speaker at an athletic banquet I attended in Little Rock back in the late eighties and I must admit I will miss hearing his voice on Razorbacks broadcasts. He was a first rate gentleman, a rarity these days, and the fans of the Razorback program are never going to see the likes of such a gentleman again. At the banquet, Paul told some of his trademark "corny" jokes, but I never heard the group of 17 and 18 year old young men say a disparaging word about our speaker. He's an original and I hope his family and the family of Billie Jo Burton of Dover, who also seems to have been a beloved member of her community and her young athletic charges on her softball teams she's coached over the years, will be able to overcome these difficult losses of two fine human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home